sábado, 23 de junio de 2007

How to Setup a Subversion Server on Linux

With my recent move over to Linux. over this last week I have been resetting up my file server and getting everything setup that way it was back when it ran that other operating system. On of the functionalities my file server has, is running a subversion server. There are many ways to setup subversion, tapped into apache, using xinetd, running as a daemon, ssh, ssl... the list goes on. At home I am behind a firewall and this server has no access to the outside word, so for me it was definitely a KISS (keep it simple stupid) moment. I chose to setup subversion with xinetd. Now Ubuntu made this dead simple, but I like to learn how to do things manually as that's the spirit of being a geek. So lets take a look at hoe to get this thing up and running...

No hay comentarios: